The coins in this digital exhibit come from the private collection of Dr. John Wilson, professor emeritus of religion and dean emeritus at Pepperdine University’s Seaver College. Dr. Wilson has amassed over 1200 coins from the Holy Land, coins that date from the Persian period (c. 5th century BCE) to the time of the Crusaders (c. 14th century CE). The coins, purchased on the open market, align with Dr. Wilson’s decades of archaeological research in Israel, most notably his oversight of the Caesarea Philippi (Banias) excavation. Dr. Wilson has graciously made his coins available for research by Seaver College students. The images of coins in this exhibit and the accompanying data and descriptions are the work of these students in consultation and/or collaboration with Seaver faculty. The images are part of a larger collaboration between Pepperdine’s Religion Division and the West Semitic Research Project at the University of Southern California to preserve and make available for research high quality digital images of Dr.Wilson’s collection through a process called Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI), which allows individuals to interact with digital images via WSRP’s Inscriptifact database and software (available through WSRP). Dr. Ronald Cox, Blanche E. Seaver Professor of Religion, is content editor for this digital exhibit.